Jump to navigation Jump to search
breakthru (not comparable)
breakthru (plural breakthrus)
- (US, nonstandard) Alternative spelling of (advance through enemy lines).
- 1945 February 20, “Byrnes Clamps War Curfew on Amusement”, in Tribune, Tribune:
- The curfew decree comes as the latest of a list of steadily tightening home front controls ordered since the German breakthru in Belgium.
- 2012, “Breakthru”, in Axis and Allies, retrieved 2012-09-24:
- A successful breakthru opens a "window of opportunity" to perform a variety of tactical maneuvers, many of which can leave the enemy at a disadvantage.
- (US, nonstandard) Alternative spelling of (major progress, great innovation).