Jump to navigation Jump to search
- stunningly beautiful; amazing
- He went to the Grand Canyon and spent a week taking in the breathtaking scenery all around him.
- Very surprising or shocking; to such a degree as to cause astonishment.
- breathtaking stupidity or rudeness
- 2019 December 18, Nigel Harris, “180 years of tragedy and progress”, in Rail, page 62:
- The network was established with breathtaking speed in the 1840s, when more than 250,000 navvies were furiously building our railways.
very surprising or shocking