Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Brigadier General
- Brig. Gen. (abbreviation)
- (military) A military officer who commands a brigade.
- (US, military) A one star general.
- (military) A military rank between colonel and the second lowest general rank or major general, having an O7 NATO rank scale equivalency
When used as a title, it is always capitalized.
- Example: Brigadier General John Doe.
The rank corresponds to pay grade O-7. Abbreviations: BG.
an officer commanding a brigade