Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: bumbag
Audio (AU) (file)
- (Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand) A small pouch attached to a belt that is worn on the outside of clothing around the waist and used for holding small personal items.
- Synonyms: belt bag, (US, Canada) fanny pack, (US) belly bag, (South Africa) moon bag, waist bag, crossbody bag
- 1995, Vitali Vitaliev, Little is the Light: Nostalgic Travels in the Mini-States of Europe, page 226:
- There is no queue at Burger King in Gibraltar. To lure customers, they give you a free plastic bum bag with every Whopper Meal.
- 2003, Lesley Reader, Lucy Ridout, First-Time Asia, page 230:
- Don′t confuse money belts with bum bags. A bum bag is a larger and an altogether more ostentatious item; it′s worn over your clothes and can usually hold a small camera as well as sunscreen and sunglasses. As a security item the bum bag is useless and may as well be inscribed with flashing lights announcing “Valuable items inside, help yourself”.
- 2007, Poul Anderson, Shocking Australian True Crime Stories, unnumbered page:
- Berichon: I proceeded to pull the pistol out of the bum bag. I flicked the safety switch off the pistol and I fired upon the police officer.
small pouch attached to a belt — see fanny pack