See also: bushpig
- An African pig of the genus Potamochoerus; Potamochoerus porcus or Potamochoerus larvatus.
1969, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, volume 63, page 19:
- The commonest game animals are vervet and colobus monkey, baboon, common duiker, bush-pig and grysbok.
2006, Armin Prinz (editor), Hunting Food and Drinking Wine: Proceedings of the conference in Poysdorf, 2003, page 208:
- There are two types of bohonda net hunts. One type is directed by a nkangohonda (bush pig charmer), a sorcerer-hunter who handles bush pigs as easily as if they were dogs, gathering herds of them about him and even holding them by their necks.
2011, Britannica Educational Publishing, Grazers, page 175:
- The bush pig (Potamochoerus porcus) is an African member of the pig family, Suidae, resembling a boar but with long body hair and tassels of hair on its ears.
- (Australia, slang, derogatory) An unattractive woman.
- (Potamochoerus porcus): red river hog