Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: bushpig
Audio (AU) (file)
- An African pig of the genus Potamochoerus; Potamochoerus porcus or Potamochoerus larvatus.
- 1969, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, volume 63, page 19:
- The commonest game animals are vervet and colobus monkey, baboon, common duiker, bush-pig and grysbok.
- 2006, Armin Prinz (editor), Hunting Food and Drinking Wine: Proceedings of the conference in Poysdorf, 2003, page 208:
- There are two types of bohonda net hunts. One type is directed by a nkangohonda (bush pig charmer), a sorcerer-hunter who handles bush pigs as easily as if they were dogs, gathering herds of them about him and even holding them by their necks.
- 2011, Britannica Educational Publishing, Grazers, page 175:
- The bush pig (Potamochoerus porcus) is an African member of the pig family, Suidae, resembling a boar but with long body hair and tassels of hair on its ears.
- (Australia, slang, derogatory) A fat and very ugly woman.
- (Potamochoerus porcus): red river hog