Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (informal, intransitive) To escape (from); break out.
- bust out of prison
- (informal, transitive) To free from captivity.
- They tried to bust the prisoner out, but were thwarted by the police.
- (US, informal, intransitive) To reveal, to show.
- (US, informal) To bring out, to take out.
- (US, informal, nonstandard) To burst out (laughing).
- (slang, dated) To buy an interest in a business and then take out a large amount of debt, strip the business of assets and then cash out before the business goes into bankruptcy.