- (communication) The name associated with the telephone number or similar identifier of a caller. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- A name an animal has been trained to respond to. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- A nickname. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (anthropology, linguistics) The name by which a person is normally identified in conversation.
- The representative will be with you shortly, Nick, as he is busy assisting other customers..
name associated with a telephone number
nickname — see nickname
name by which a person is identified in conversation