Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To make hurtful untrue comments about.
- Hatred unto the truth did always falsely report and calumniate all godly men's doings.
- 1905, Robert Louis Stevenson, Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes, chapter 1
- There are adherents of each of the four French parties—Legitimists, Orleanists, Imperialists, and Republicans—in this little mountain-town; and they all hate, loathe, decry, and calumniate each other.
- (transitive) To levy a false charge against, especially of a vague offense, with the intent to damage someone's reputation or standing.
to make hurtful untrue statements