This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
candock (plural candocks)
- A plant or weed that grows in rivers.
- A kind of horsetail (Equisetum telmateia).
- The yellow frog lily (Nuphar luteum).
- “candock” at OneLook Dictionary Search
- candock in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for candock in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)