Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Cashmere
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkæʃ.mɪə/, /kæʃ.ˈmɪə/
- (US) IPA(key): /kæʒ.ˈmiɹ/, /ˈkæʒ.miɹ/, /ˈkæʃ.miɹ/, /kæʃ.ˈmiɹ/
- Rhymes: -ɪə(ɹ)
- (chiefly uncountable) Fine, downy wool from beneath the outer hair of the Cashmere goat.
- (chiefly uncountable) A soft fabric made of this wool.
- a cashmere sweater
- (countable) A rich kind of shawl made from this wool.
- (countable, by extension) Any similar shawl.
fine, downy wool from beneath the outer hair of the Cashmere goat
soft fabric made of wool