Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ʃɒnˈtɜːz/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ʃɑnˈtuːz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: (UK) -ɜːz, (US) -uːz
chanteuse (plural chanteuses)
- A female singer; often specifically a popular or cabaret singer.
- 2006 September 7, Evan Serpick, “10 artists to watch 2006: The Noisettes, Jibbs, Silversun Pickups and seven other up-and-comers”, in Rolling Stone, archived from the original on 28 August 2009:
- Smith could easily be lumped in with expressive chanteuses like Norah Jones and Alicia Keys, but she has a broader palette than either. On the soulful torch song "Dream," which Smith wrote, she conveys a sophisticated allure that would seem well beyond her twenty-seven years.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:chanteuse.
chanteuse f (plural chanteuses)
- female equivalent of