Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: chokehold
- Alternative form of .
- 1990, Lew Dykes, Choke Hold:
- I'm gonna walk up behind that fucker without making a sound and put the choke hold on him.
- 2001, Lisa Kloppenberg, Playing it Safe: How the Supreme Court Sidesteps Hard Cases and Stunts the Development of Law:
- Within five to ten seconds, one officer began to apply a choke hold by pressing his forearm into Lyons' throat.
- 2012, Scott McNeely, Ultimate Book of Sports:
- In competition, judo matches typically have a standing phase (opponents attempt to throw each other) and a ground phase (once an opponent is on the ground, then both opponents can use a hold down, literally holding an opponent down for 15 to 25 seconds, or using a choke hold or similar controlling technique to force an opponent to submit).