Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: chowder-headed
- Stupid; foolish; lacking in common sense.
- 1851, Herman Melville, Moby Dick:
- We resumed business; and while plying our spoons in the bowl, thinks I to myself, I wonder now if this here has any effect on the head? What’s that stultifying saying about chowder-headed people?
- 2003, Norman Kelley, A Phat Death: Or, the Last Days of Noir Soul:
- Taliferro had launched a glossy magazine called Da Niggarati, subtitled: For Dem Who Know Who Dey Be...If it was expensive and could be afforded by the average chowderheaded Negro, then it went into the magazine.