Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a state or process of being clattered.
- 2011 November 21, Michael Cragg, “New music: Foxes - Home”, in the Guardian:
- Do we really need another doe-eyed female singer-songwriter with a penchant for electro-pop? Twenty-two-year-old Louisa Rose Allen, aka Foxes, certainly thinks so. Available as a free download via Neon Gold, her debut single Youth is a monster mix of keening vocals, slow-burn electronics and, by the song's end, big clattering drums.
clattering (plural clatterings)
- A noise that clatters.
- 1844, Fredrika Bremer, The Neighbours: A Story of Every-day Life, page 59:
- Miss Greta closed her eyes. Quickly, however, did she open them again; for a dull noise, with certain whiskings-about and flutterings, together with low clatterings, approached her ear.