Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: coëval
coeval (not comparable)
- Of the same age; contemporary.
Anything coeval with that clock will fetch a hefty price!
The Baralaba Coal Measures are coeval with the Bandana Formation.
2009, Eric Buffetaut, Late Palaeozoic and Mesozoic Ecosystems in SE Asia:
- The differences between the Sao Khua dinosaur assemblage and the roughly coeval assemblages in China, notably those from the Jehol Group of NE China, have already been noted, and several hypotheses have been put forward, including differences in taphonomic conditions, and the existence of geographical or environmental barriers (Buffetaut et al. 2006; Fernandez et al. 2009).
of the same age
coeval (plural coevals)
- Something of the same era.
- The telephone and television are coevals in that film.
- Somebody of the same age.
something of the same era
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:coeval.