Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
- In the form of coils; having coils.
- a coiled serpent
- Prepared and poised to act, like a snake that has coiled its lower body so it can strike.
- 2012 May 9, Jonathan Wilson, “Europa League: Radamel Falcao's Atlético Madrid rout Athletic Bilbao”, in the Guardian:
- Two first-half goals from the Colombian forward Radamel Falcao won the game, allowing Atlético to spend the final hour or so sitting deep, coiled always for a breakaway.