cold read (third-person singular simple present cold reads, present participle cold reading, simple past and past participle cold read)
- To deduce using the practice of cold reading.
- He told us he was able to cold read the man's profession
- "..., we meet someone and want to find out a little more about him/her ..., so, completely without conscious thought, we begin to cold read. 
- Why sceptics do not cold read? (Article heading) 
- (acting, newsreading) To perform a script without preparation.
- At the audition you will be required to cold read a script.
- Learning to Cold Read (Article heading on acting website) 
cold read (plural cold reads)
- an act of cold reading.
- This is an example of what magicians (and unfortunately phony psychics) call a "cold read".