Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the verb act.
acting (not comparable)
- Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another person when they are unable to do their job.
- The Acting Minister must sign Executive Council documents in a Minister's absence.
- Acting President of the United States is a temporary office in the government of the United States.
acting (plural actings)
- An intended action or deed.
- (drama) The occupation of an actor.
- (law) The deeds or actions of parties are called actings to avoid confusion with the legal senses of deeds and actions.
occupation of an actor