Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌtɛmpəˈɹɛɹəli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtɛmp(ə)ɹəɹəli/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (nonstandard UK, by haplology) IPA(key): /ˈtɛmpɹəli/
temporarily (not comparable)
- For a limited period of time; not permanently.
- 1936, Rollo Ahmed, The Black Art, London: Long, page 52:
- Necromancers were thought to have the power of restoring activity to the dead, either temporarily or permanently[.]
for a limited period of time
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked