Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɝmənəntli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɜːmənəntli/
- Hyphenation: per‧ma‧nent‧ly
- In a permanent manner; lastingly.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 5, in The Celebrity:
- We made an odd party before the arrival of the Ten, particularly when the Celebrity dropped in for lunch or dinner. He could not be induced to remain permanently at Mohair because Miss Trevor was at Asquith, but he appropriated a Hempstead cart from the Mohair stables and made the trip sometimes twice in a day.
in a permanent manner