Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An obsessive desire to collect things.
- 1993, Carl Muller, The Jam Fruit Tree, page 126:
- Only one thing could be considered and attributed: Leah's collectomania that grew to fanatic proportions after marriage.
- 1994, Irene Gammel, Sexualizing Power in Naturalism, page 181:
- Dreiser 's naturalism textually mimics capitalism's collectomania and fetishistic obsession with material objects and facts [...].
- 2007, Anna Dezeuze, "Unpacking Joseph Cornell", in Joseph Cornell: Opening The Box, p. 223:
- The apparent absence of selection criteria in Warhol's collectomania was also a characteristic of 'Raid the Icebox I', the touring show that he curated in 1969 at the Institute for the Arts in Houston [...].