Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
colourful (not comparable)
- British standard spelling of colorful.
- 1895, The Annual of the British School at Athens
2012 June 9, Owen Phillips, “Euro 2012: Netherlands 0-1 Denmark”, in BBC Sport:
- And Netherlands, backed by a typically noisy and colourful travelling support, started the second period in blistering fashion and could have had four goals within 10 minutes
- 1895, H. Walter Staner and Henry Sturmey, The Autocar
- One of the most colourful people in motor racing, he writes in a colourful manner.
- 2002, news.bbc.co.uk
- Hussain celebrated reaching his ton with a gesture towards the media centre, pointing to the number three on the back of his shirt and offering some colourful language.