Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To come across; to encounter; to stumble upon; to discover or find, especially by chance or accident.
- We came upon the skeleton while we were hiking.
- 1912: Edgar Rice Burroughs, Tarzan of the Apes, Chapter 5
- Kala sometimes talked with the older females about her young hopeful, but none of them could understand how a child could be so slow and backward in learning to care for itself. Why, it could not even find food alone, and more than twelve moons had passed since Kala had come upon it.
- To befall; to affect; to happen to.
- I pray no harm will come upon you.