Jump to navigation Jump to search
- a series of comments or annotations; especially, a book of explanations or expositions on the whole or a part of some other work
- We listened to the football commentary while watching the match.
- (Can we date this quote by Henry Hallam and provide title, author’s full name, and other details?)
- This letter […] was published by him with a severe commentary.
- (usually in the plural) a brief account of transactions or events written hastily, as if for a memorandum
- Caesar's Commentaries on the Gallic War
- an oral relation of an event, especially broadcast by television or radio, as it occurs
A series of comments or annotations
A brief account of transactions or events written hastily
An oral description of an event, especially broadcast by television or radio, as it occurs
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.