Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Exposition
- The action of exposing something to something, such as skin to the sunlight.
- The act of declaring or describing something through either speech or writing.
- (obsolete) The act of expulsion, or being expelled, from a place.
- (writing) An essay or speech in which any topic is discussed in detail.
- (writing) An opening section in fiction, including novel, play, and movie, by which background information about the characters, events, or setting is conveyed.
- (music) The opening section of a fugue; the opening section of a movement in sonata form
action of exposing
action of putting something out to public view
action of declaring or describing
essay or speech in which any topic is discussed in detail
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
exposition f (plural expositions)