Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act or process of explaining.
- The explanation was long and drawn-out.
- Something that explains, makes understandable.
- An explanation for the UFO sightings was easily found.
- A resolution of disputed points pursuant to discussion; a mutual clarification of disputed points; reconciliation.
- (act or process of explaining): clarification; elucidation; elaboration; explaining; femsplaining (pej., particularly by a feminist to a man); mansplaining, mansplanation (pej., particularly by a man to a woman)
the act or process of explaining
something that explains
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked