Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
clarification (plural clarifications)
- The act of clarifying; the act or process of making clear or transparent by freeing visible impurities; particularly, the clearing or fining of liquid substances from feculent matter by the separation of the insoluble particles which prevent the liquid from being transparent.
- The clarification of wine.
- The act of freeing from obscurities.
- Your ideas deserve clarification.
- 1627, Sir Francis Bacon, Sylva Sylvarum: Or a Natural History in Ten Centuries
- To know the means of accelerating clarification [in liquors] we must know the causes of clarification.
physical clarification (wine, butter, etc.)
clarification of ideas, meaning, etc
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- “clarification”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
clarification f (plural clarifications)
- see clair
- “clarification” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).