Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdʒɜːn(ə)lɪzəm/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdʒɝnl̩ˌɪzəm/
- Hyphenation: jour‧nal‧ism
- The activity or profession of being a journalist.
- The aggregating, writing, editing, and presenting of news or news articles for widespread distribution, typically in electronic publications and broadcast news media, for the purpose of informing the audience.
- The style of writing characteristic of material in periodical print publications and broadcast news media, consisting of direct presentation of facts or events with an attempt to minimize analysis or interpretation.
- ambush journalism
- checkbook journalism
- citizen journalism
- gonzo journalism
- gotcha journalism
- immersion journalism
- investigative journalism
- literary journalism
- New Journalism
- pack journalism
- service journalism
- video journalism
- yellow journalism
activity or profession of being a journalist