Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The removal of ambiguity.
- The lexical disambiguation relies on looking ahead to identify possible senses.
- 1827, George Bentham, Outline of a New System of Logic: With a Critical Examination of Dr. Whately's "Elements of Logic, page 88
- Disambiguation — where it is to fix the sense of an ambiguous term. This operation has been termed distinction by some Logicians, and erroneously reckoned as a species of division.
- (wiki jargon) A page on a wiki containing links to two or more topics with the same name.
removal of ambiguity
disambiguation (plural disambiguations)