Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: réconciliation
reconciliation (plural reconciliations)
- The reestablishment of friendly relations; conciliation or rapprochement.
- He longed for reconciliation with his estranged father, but too many painful memories kept him from making contact again.
- (theology) The end of estrangement between a human and God as a result of the process of atonement.
- A Roman Catholic sacrament involving contrition, confession, punishment and absolution; penance.
- (accounting) Process of matching and comparing figures from accounting records against those presented on a bank statement.
reestablishment of friendly relations
Roman Catholic sacrament