Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To restore a friendly relationship; to bring back to harmony.
- to reconcile people who have quarrelled
- To make things compatible or consistent.
- to reconcile differences
- Alexander Pope
- Some figures monstrous and misshaped appear, / Considered singly, or beheld too near; / Which, but proportioned to their light or place, / Due distance reconciles to form and grace.
- John Locke
- The great men among the ancients understood how to reconcile manual labour with affairs of state.
- To make the net difference in credits and debits of a financial account agree with the balance.
to restore a friendly relationship
to make things compatible or consistent