Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
atonement (plural atonements)
- A repair done for the sake of a damaged relationship.
- (theology, often with capitalized initial) The reconciliation of God and mankind through the death of Jesus.
repair done for the sake of a damaged relationship
reconciliation of God and mankind
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- penance, expiation
- Yom Kippur (Jewish holiday)
- adunatio (Church Latin)
- atonement on Wikipedia.Wikipedia