Jump to navigation Jump to search
- plural of
- Compensation for a loss or injury; recompense; reparation.
- Amends were made for the damage and no charges were filed.
- (Can we date this quote by Doyle and provide title, author's full name, and other details?)
- As to you, Mr. Carruthers, I think that you have done what you could to make amends for your share in an evil plot.
- Many consider amends a plural-only noun, but historically and in some current usage the singular appears.
- Most commonly found in to make amends.
compensation for a loss or injury
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of amend
- amends at OneLook Dictionary Search
- amends in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911