Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: réparation
- (usually in the plural) A payment of time, effort or money to compensate for past transgression(s).
- (archaic) The act of renewing, restoring, etc., or the state of being renewed or repaired.
- the reparation of a bridge or of a highway
- 1791, James Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson, LL.D.
- The church at Lichfield, in which we had a seat, wanted reparation, so I was to go and find a seat in other churches; and having bad eyes, and being awkward about this, I used to go and read in the fields on Sunday.
payment to compensate for transgressions
renewing or restoring
- a repair (mending something broken)
|Declension of reparation|