Jump to navigation Jump to search
- present participle of commission
- The admiral will be commissioning the new destroyer in a few minutes.
commissioning (plural commissionings)
- The process of assuring that all systems and components of a major piece of equipment, a process, a building or similar are designed, installed and tested according to the operational requirements of the owner or final client.
- The destroyer's commissioning will be held on February 1st.
- 2023 February 22, Howard Johnston, “Southern '313s': is the end now in sight?”, in RAIL, number 977, page 43:
- It was taken out of passenger service in early 2013, for conversion into a test bed for the commissioning of the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) on the Hertford Loop and elsewhere.
- Project commissioning on Wikipedia.Wikipedia