Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: assuré
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈʃʊə/, /əˈʃɔː/
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈʃʊɹ/, /əˈʃɝ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: ashore
- Rhymes: -ʊə(ɹ)
- (transitive) To make sure and secure; ensure.
- (transitive, followed by that or of) To give (someone) confidence in the trustworthiness of (something).
- I assure you that the program will work smoothly when we demonstrate it to the client.
- He assured of his commitment to her happiness.
- (obsolete) To guarantee, promise (to do something).
- (transitive) To reassure.
to make sure and secure
to give someone confidence in the trustworthiness of something
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- inflection of :