Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: common or garden
- (chiefly British) ordinary, standard.
- It's just a common-or-garden fridge but it works fine.
- 1939, Fred Rodell, Woe to You Lawyers, Form #11.402, page 74:
- It is to do away entirely with both the magicians and their magic and run our civilization according to practical and comprehensible rules, dedicated to non-legal justice, to common-or-garden fairness that the ordinary man can understand, in the regulation of human affairs.
- 2010, Martin Cohen, Philosophy For Dummies, →ISBN, page 354:
- Comparing Quantum Mechanics to Common-or-Garden Mechanics.
- 2012, Wilson Harris, Black Marsden, →ISBN:
- For what was objective existence in the long run but a series of common-or-garden situations?