Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (informal, uncountable) The practice of entering many competitions in order to win as many prizes as possible.
- (informal, countable) musical accompaniment
- 2013, David Malvinni, Grateful Dead and the Art of Rock Improvisation, page 46:
- Weir punctuates things with some offbeat compings. Indeed, at around 15:00, it is hard to know if we are still in the song.
- 2010, Ronny Lee, Jazz Guitar Method, page 111:
- Compings should never be memorized but should be applied in a completely extemporaneous manner.