Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (music) A part, usually performed by instruments, that gives support or adds to the background in music, or adds for ornamentation; also, the harmony of a figured bass.
- Brooks performed a saxophone solo on stage, with Robert as accompaniment on the bass.
- That which accompanies; something that attends as a circumstance, or which is added to give greater completeness to the principal thing, or by way of ornament, or for the sake of symmetry.
- A side salad is a common accompaniment to a main dish.
music: that which gives support or adds to the background
that which accompanies
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.