Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- fighting; contending; in conflict
- Being in opposition; contrary; contradictory.
- In the absence of all conflicting evidence.
- 1999, Herre van Oostendorp, Susan R. Goldman, The construction of mental representations during reading
- On the other hand, the more effective the current activation vector is in reactivating the conflicting information, the more likely the two conflicting pieces of information are to be coactivated.
- 1841, Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop Chapter 73
- Of Sally Brass, conflicting rumours went abroad. Some said with confidence that she had gone down to the docks in male attire, and had become a female sailor; others darkly whispered that she had enlisted as a private in the second regiment of Foot Guards, and had been seen in uniform, and on duty, to wit, leaning on her musket and looking out of a sentry-box in St james's Park, one evening.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Present participle of conflict.