Jump to navigation Jump to search
considering (plural considerings)
- 1613, William Shakespeare; [John Fletcher], “The Famous History of the Life of King Henry the Eight”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies […] (First Folio), London: […] Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, (please specify the act number in uppercase Roman numerals, and the scene number in lowercase Roman numerals):
- This respite shook / The bosom of my conscience, enter'd me, / Yea, with a splitting power, and made to tremble / The region of my breast; which forced such way, / That many mazed considerings did throng / And press'd in with this caution.
- (informal) Given the circumstances.
- Your wound doesn't look that bad, considering.
- Taking into account.
- Considering the extent of his crimes, he was given a surprisingly short sentence.