Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (of a disease) Easily transmitted to others.
- (figuratively) Easily passed on to others.
- Synonym: infectious
- Wearing jeans was a contagious fad at that time.
- 2000, Damon Gough (lyrics and music), “Magic in the Air”, in The Hour of Bewilderbeast, performed by Badly Drawn Boy:
- Cause love is contagious, when it's alright / Love is contagious, when it's alright / Love is alright
- (of a person) Having a disease that can be transmitted to another person.
- They were highly contagious, spreading bacteria to other people.
of a disease, easily transmitted to others
of a fashion, laughter, etc, easily passed on to others
capable of spreading a disease
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked