Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪdʒən
- A disease spread by contact.
- The spread or transmission of such a disease.
- The spread of anything harmful, as if it were such a disease.
- (finance) A situation in which small shocks, which initially affect only a few financial institutions or a particular region of an economy, spread to the rest of financial sectors and other countries whose economies were previously healthy.
- (finance) A resulting recession or crisis developed in such manner.
- (spread or transmission of disease): infection
disease spread by contact
transmission of a contagious disease
finance: resulting recession or crisis
contagion f (plural contagions)