Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪdʒən
contagion (plural contagions)
- A disease spread by contact
- The spread or transmission of such a disease
- The spread of anything harmful, as if it were such a disease
- (finance) A situation in which small shocks, which initially affect only a few financial institutions or a particular region of an economy, spread to the rest of financial sectors and other countries whose economies were previously healthy.
- (finance) A resulting recession or crisis developed in such manner.
- (spread or transmission of disease): infection
disease spread by contact
transmission of a contagious disease
spread of anything harmful
finance: situation in which a shock spreads
finance: resulting recession or crisis
contagion f (plural contagions)