Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
transmission (plural transmissions)
- The act of transmitting, e.g. data or electric power.
- The fact of being transmitted.
- Something that is transmitted, such as a message, picture or a disease; the sending of such a thing.
- (biology) The passage of a nerve impulse across synapses.
- (automotive) An assembly of gears through which power is transmitted from the engine to the driveshaft in a motor car / automobile; a gearbox.
- (law) The right possessed by an heir or legatee of transmitting to his successor(s) any inheritance, legacy, right, or privilege, to which he is entitled, even if he should die without enjoying or exercising it.
- (medicine, biology) The passing of a communicable disease from an infected host individual or group to a conspecific individual or group.
- automatic transmission
- manual transmission
- standard transmission
- synchronized transmission
- transmission line
- transmission medium
- transmission electron microscope
- Transmission Control Protocol
act of transmitting
fact of being transmitted
passage of a nerve impulse
assembly of gears
passing of a communicable disease
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
transmission f (plural transmissions)
- “transmission” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
|Inflection of transmission|