Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The passing of title to an estate upon death.
- (countable) That which a person is entitled to inherit, by law or testament.
- (biology) The biological attributes passed hereditarily from ancestors to their offspring.
- (programming, object-oriented programming) In object-oriented programming, the mechanism whereby parts of a superclass are available to instances of its subclass.
that which a person is entitled to inherit
passing of title
biological attributes passed to offspring
programming: mechanism for making parts of superclass available to subclass
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- “inheritance”, in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2017.