Jump to navigation Jump to search
- present participle of
- 2013 July 19, Mark Tran, “Denied an education by war”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 1:
- One particularly damaging, but often ignored, effect of conflict on education is the proliferation of attacks on schools […] as children, teachers or school buildings become the targets of attacks. Parents fear sending their children to school.
sending (plural sendings)
- The act by which somebody or something is sent.
- 2008, Klyne Snodgrass, Stories with Intent:
- Both Matthew and Luke have three sendings of servants, but the narratives are framed differently. Matthew has two sendings of servants (plural) to the original guests, two excuses offered for the refusal, and one sending of servants to the substitute guests.
- (post, transport) delivery, mail
- (media) program (news, shows etc., broadcast on radio or television)
- (communication) transmission (data etc.)
- (sports) pass, shot
declension of sending