Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (pathology) The act or process of infecting.
- An uncontrolled growth of harmful microorganisms in a host.
- 2013 June 1, “A better waterworks”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8838, page 5 (Technology Quarterly):
- An artificial kidney these days still means a refrigerator-sized dialysis machine. Such devices mimic […] real kidneys […] . But they are nothing like as efficient, and can cause bleeding, clotting and infection—not to mention inconvenience for patients, who typically need to be hooked up to one three times a week for hours at a time.
the process of infecting
uncontrolled growth of harmful microorganisms in a host
infection f (plural infections)
- → Turkish: enfeksiyon
- “infection” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
infection (plural infectiones)