Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: copshop
- (Britain, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, slang) A police station.
- 1977-1984, Cop Shop (title of an Australian television series).
- 2005, Steve Brewer, Boost, page 42:
- Billy Suggs spotted Sam standing outside the cop shop when he still was two blocks away.
- 2007, Rachel Bramble, Stephanie Clover, page 47:
- “Could you go up the cop shop and bring Paul home again” said Heather.
- 2011, Robert Watkins, A Face in the Crowd, page 40:
- He then drove up to the township and dragged me inside the cop shop.