Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To come to terms with; to overcome any difficulties presented by.
- She finds her mental illness very difficult to cope with.
- The government should implement this policy to cope with this serious problem.
2011 December 16, Denis Campbell, “Hospital staff 'lack skills to cope with dementia patients'”, in Guardian:
- Most staff do not have the skills to cope with such challenging patients, who too often receive "impersonal" care and suffer from boredom, the first National Audit of Dementia found. It says hospitals should introduce "dementia champions.
- (come to terms with): come to terms with, contend with, deal with, get by with, grapple with, make do with, make out with, manage with
come to terms with