- Having the appearance of a tuft of hair.
- Having a hair-like tail or train.
- Comate, crinite, caudate stars.
- (botany) Bearded or tufted with hairs.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Gray to this entry?)
crinite (plural crinites)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for crinite in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)